2011-02-16

Three years later ...

... and I still have my HF100. Actually I have two because I bought a second one shortly before they disappeared from the market.

I don't have the impression that the new models offer any significant improvements in image quality. The only thing I miss is full manual control but if I have the urge to upgrade one day I will rather buy a real pro camera with built in ND filter, professional audio, waveform monitor and dedicated controls. And should this camera shoot great stills and video and have a larger sensor I'd be more than glad.

But until then I enjoy the compactness and ease of use of the HF100. Forgive it it's quirks and try to make the best of it.

I learned a lot about video in this three years and I'm glad some posts where also useful for you.

I close this blog now and move on. Be well.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks a lot for the years! Don't know what can replace it right now. I learned a lot from your blog. Great help for a HF100 user. /Olof

Martin Koch said...

Thanks Olof. Enjoy your HF100.

A great blog I visit on a daily basis is:
http://notesonvideo.blogspot.com/

Rambo said...

I still have 3 in active duty Martin. Use them every day if there's good light. Got a few tips from you over the years, thanks.

Cheers Rambo

Jonatan said...

thanks for all your posts! you helped me a lot in the decision of purchasing my hf100 1 1/2 years ago, and I'm so happy I did. Great tips also. Have fun!